Don't Pay Contractors without getting a W-9 from them FIRST!

BEFORE you pay a contractor you'll be issuing a 1099 to, it is good practice to have them fill out the W-9 form. You can find that here:

What do we need to complete 1099s?

  • Completed W-9's for ALL Contractors

  • Amounts paid to Contractors

  • Your Name/Business Name

  • Your SSN/EIN

  • Your phone number and email address

  • Your mailing address

Should you be giving your contractors W-2's and making them employees?

Find out more from this IRS publication. Click the button to learn more.

Please note, you do NOT need to issue 1099s to Corporations, including S-Corporations.

For more information, contact us. Our information is below.

2955 Erie Canal Road

Terre Haute, IN 47802

 (812) 478-2800

725 South Forest Avenue

Brazil, IN 47834

(812) 443-2800

5227 West State Road 46

Bloomington, IN 47404

(812 ) 876-2100

12 East Main Street Suite 2

Bloomfield, IN 47424

(812) 381-9000

© 2019 Created by Stadler & Company.

Stadler & Company services are also available in West Michigan through our sister company, Integrity Tax Group. For more information, click below!